Birthday: January 23, 1988
Hometown: originally from South Carolina but now live in North Carolina
GPA: 4.625 weighted
Favorite Subject: economics and psychology
Least Favorite Subject: Calculus (loved math . . . until Calculus)
Intended Major?: Marketing, Accounting or Financing . .?
What you spend your free time doing: dancing around my room . . .
Favorite Movies: Pretty in Pink, Top Gun, Wizard of Oz, Twister, Dead Poet’s Society, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, The School of Rock, Pirates of the Caribbean
Favorite Books: Catcher in the Rye. I don’t read as much as I should, but during the summer I’m going to attempt to read at least 5 books J.
Favorite Music: Yellowcard, Maroon 5, John Mayer, Gavin Degraw, Howie Day, Wilco, Something Corporate, Coldplay, Dandy Warhols, Nick Drake, Matchbox Romance, Franz Ferdinand, Garden State Soundtrack, The Shins, No Doubt, Pink Floyd, Queen, Aerosmith, Chopin, Ravel, Mozart, Tchaikovsky
Something about you we'd find interesting: I’m going to miss my sweet iced tea when I leave for Chestnut Hill :-p
(taken from the Duke c/o 2009 community)
i n f o r m a t i o n
1. name: Marieke
2. single or taken: single
3. sex: female
4. birthday: January 23, 1988
5. sign: Aquarius
6. siblings: Just 1 older brother
7. hair color: brown
8. eye color: brown
9. shoe size: 8-10 1/2 (depends on the brand)
10. height: 5'6 1/2"
11. originally from: Hilton Head, SC
12. current home: NC
r e l a t i o n s h i p s
1. best friend?: She lives in Miami.
2. do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?: nope
f a s h i o n | s t u f f
1. where is your favorite place to shop: Urban Outfitters, Jasmine Sola, Thom Brown (all are stores located on Newbury Street!), Hollister, American Eagle, Nordstrom
2. any tattoos or piercings?: pierced ears
3. shoes: Pumps, flats, sneakers . . anything but flip flops (my hands and feet get cold easily, I don't like my toes, and on the rare occasion that I do wear flip-flops I seem to slip and fall at least once that day)
s p e c i f i c s
1. do you do smoke/drink?: I drink a little bit. A glass of champagne for celebrations, a sip of my parents drink at dinner. But I definitely do not smoke. Never have and never will.
2. what kind of shampoo do you use?: Tresemme
3. what are you most scared of?: death and failure
4. what are you listening to right now? A commercial on the radio
5. who is the last person that called you?: my dad
6. where do you want to get married?: definitely in an old church somewhere
7. how many buddies are online right now?: I haven’t signed on yet
8. what would you change about yourself?: to be more of an extrovert, and to able to hide my emotions more
9. do you keep a journal/diary?: nope
10. personality positives: responsible, trustworthy, spunky
11. personality negatives: I’m sometimes quiet and reserved which tends to come across as being stuck-up. I’m sarcastic and definitely have a lack of patience (I hate traffic)
f a v o r i t e s
1. color: green
2. food: chicken Caesar salad and steak
3. boys names: haven’t thought about boys names
4. girls names: Adrian, Gwen
5. subjects in school: economics and psychology
6. animals: dogs
7. sports: I LOVE watching football (I already know half of the BC fight song!) and I can't wait to see all the schools in NC, mainly UNC since that's where a lot of my friends are going, lose in football and basketball.
8. hobbies: Dance (been taking ballet for quite some time)
9. music: Everything except for country.
c u r r e n t
1. clothes: I love wearing my pajamas :)!
2. make-up: none
3. mood: lazy. I don't want to study for the Spanish SAT IIs
4. desktop picture: yellow tulips
5. cd in player: no idea since I usually listen to the radio or my ipod
6. annoyance: people chewing with their mouth open